Nirantar- a resource centre for Gender and Education, established in 1993, works towards enabling empowering education, especially for girls and women from marginalized communities. We seek to promote transformatory formal and non-formal learning processes which enable the marginalized to better understand and address their realities. Our focus on gender interlinks strongly with other social dimensions, in particular those of caste, sexuality and religion. Nirantar promotes access to information, literacy, and perspective and skill building through interactive trainings and educational resources that are simple but not simplistic. Nirantar also works at the community level and undertakes research and advocacy, particularly on critical issues which need greater attention from the State as well as civil society. To know more about Nirantar’s work, visit www.nirantar.net
Job Title –Senior Trainer - Learning Resource Centre
We are looking for an experienced and exceptionally skilled trainer who can hold our learning resource centre as the main coordinator and provide leadership to the work of training and capacity building done by Nirantar. You will be responsible for conceptualising, planning and implementing the training for variety of stakeholders across different parts of the country. The candidate should have experience of doing trainings for range of participants including grassroots level functionaries and senior management levels/administrators. The ability to use feminist tools and pedagogies will be highly appreciated since they form the core components of our training. You should also be responsible for sourcing, repurposing and creating materials required for the training and dissemination of work related to training and capacity building done by Nirantar
Location – New Delhi with substantial travel to other parts of the country
• Education Qualification: Advanced degree from a recognized University in Social/ Behavioural Sciences/ Women’s Studies/ Social Work/ Development Studies/ Public Relations or any other relevant qualification adding to the job requirement
• Additional degree/ Diploma in training, with experience in advocacy/ participatory communications and production of creative materials/ research will be an advantage.
• Good understanding on Gender and sexuality with an openness to learn and engage with training methods, tools and pedagogies that Nirantar works with
• Fluency and ability to speak and understand any of the south Indian languages especially Kannada or Tamil
Job description/ Roles and Responsibilities
• Coordination and management of the Learning Resource Centre (LRC) of Nirantar to deliver the work and achieve outcome of the programme within the given time period.
• Regular relationship building with partner organizations with whom the trainings are implemented and also beyond the project based partnerships
• Training and capacity building on issues of gender, sexuality, diversity and various other dimensions of vision and mission for various groups ranging from grass roots organizations to school teachers to senior managers, heads of the organisations etc.
• Organize workshops, consultation or any other relevant event as per the planned activities within the organization and the programme area.
• Report writing for the internal purposes as well as for funding agencies
• Networking, lobbying and advocacy with peer organizations as well as other stakeholders like government, funding agencies and corporate foundations to impct their work from gender and sexuality lens.
• Proposal writing and supporting fund raising activities for the gender and sexuality related initiatives within the organization.
• Resourcing, repurposing and creating material for training and critical engagement with issues of gender and sexuality in simple accessible language.
Required skills and experiences
• Excellent skills of organising and conducting high quality trainings for various organisations.
• Good skills of reading and writing English along with reasonable skills of reading understanding and writing in Hindi.
• Analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically to conceptualise, plan and implement training programmes and courses for different audiences like NGO Functionaries, corporation leaders and management, teachers and administrators, decision and policy makers.
• Prior experience of working on issues of gender and sexuality and engagement with training and capacity building as the key strategy for that
• Able to work well in a team in a multi-task work environment by taking initiatives and accomplishing assignments with deadlines.
• Provide leadership to the LRC work and strengthen training and capacity building work within Nirantar
Remuneration – As per the qualification and experience of the candidate.
To apply - Send your CV at email@example.com latest by 16th August.
(Note - The vacancy is open for everyone who identify themselves as women or transmen)