Team Member – Women’s Literacy Education and Empowerment Programme
Nirantar works towards enabling empowering education, especially for those from marginalized communities. We seek to promote transformatory formal and non-formal learning processes which enable the marginalized to better understand and address their realities. Our focus on gender interlinks strongly with other social dimensions, in particular those of caste, sexuality and religion. Nirantar promotes access to information, literacy, and perspective and skill building through interactive trainings and educational resources that are simple but not simplistic. Nirantar also works at the community level and undertakes research and advocacy, particularly on critical issues which need greater attention from the State as well as civil society.
About the Women’s Literacy Education and Empowerment Programme:
Nirantar believes that literacy is critical for autonomy, self-expression, accessing entitlements and challenging exploitation. We intensively build capacities and develop materials for organisations who want to provide empowering literacy opportunities, from planning to training, monitoring, and evaluation. We engage with literacy in a way that has women themselves at its centre, and also their rights, needs, and interests, including the pleasure of reading and engaging with a world beyond their own. Till date, Nirantar has built capacities for 30 organisations that have in turn worked with over 20,000 women learners.
In present time due to the invasion of internet and digital mediums like computer, mobile phone, smart phone and other related technologies in every part of society it is important to enable women to respond to the changing environment. Therefore currently nirantar is working on developing a curriculum for literacy that includes digital literacy.
Scope of Work:
• Developing TL material for neo literate and semi literate women and training Manuals for facilators
• Coordinate and help in coordinating various project under the women’s literacy and digital literacy work
• Providing support to the grass root organisations working on women’s literacy, education and empowerment and digital literacy.
• Training and capacity building on curriculum and perspective building with partner organizations.
• Documentation and Reporting of the events and overall project
• Overseeing and managing implementation and evaluation
• Work closely with team for planning, designing and implementing different activities under different project
• Postgraduate in education/development studies/ or any other relevant subject.
• Minimum 1 year of experience of working on education and programme implementation and/or curriculum development.
• Good communication skills in English and Hindi
• Experience of working on education with grassroots organizations in rural or urban contexts
• Experience working in adult education or digital literacy
• Experience in organizing, conducting workshops and training programmes.
• Experience in developing creative TLM.
• Comfortable in using and handling digital platforms
• Competent in developing creative presentations, videos and use of graphics
• Ability to multi-task, produce to daily deadlines, and work in a team.
Salary: As per the qualification and years of experience.
Candidates are requested to:
• Attach a full Curriculum Vitae and a letter of intent
• Provide the names and contact details for two references
Please send your applications to email@example.com mentioning the position you are applying for in the subject line. For more information on our organization, please visit www.nirantar.net
Last date to apply: 20th September, 2018.