Nirantar- a resource centre for Gender and Education, established in 1993, works towards enabling empowering education, especially for girls and women from marginalized communities. We seek to promote transformatory formal and non-formal learning processes which enable the marginalized to better understand and address their realities. Our focus on gender interlinks strongly with other social dimensions, in particular those of caste, sexuality and religion. Nirantar promotes access to information, literacy, and perspective and skill building through interactive trainings and educational resources that are simple but not simplistic. Nirantar also works at the community level and undertakes research and advocacy, particularly on critical issues which need greater attention from the State as well as civil society. To know more about Nirantar’s work, visit www.nirantar.net
Job Title – Team Leader Communications and Advocacy
We are looking for a dynamic pro social media person with excellent skills of writing and editing in English. You must be an expert in conceptualising the ideas needing communication and then converting them into disseminable pieces through online and offline mediums. The person should have passion and commitment for using communication strategies and platforms for advocacy and information dissemination. You should be conversant in both Hindi and English languages and have the ability to convert project reports, data, experiences, stories and curriculums etc. into a contemporary thought influencing materials. The candidate will work across various projects and will be responsible for a developing and implementing a comprehensive and rigorous communication strategy for all the Nirantar work and projects. You will be responsible for ensuring good quality reports, documentation of different projects both in the written and audio-visual form and ensure that it is appropriately adapted as per the needs of the stakeholders of the work and widely disseminated.
Location – New Delhi
• Education Qualification: Advanced degree from a recognized University in Mass Communication, Journalism, or Public Relations,
• Additional degree like Diploma or training in media and communication with experience in advocacy/ participatory communications and production of creative materials/ research is a definite advantage.
• Good understanding on Women’s Rights with an openness to learn and engage on issues of Gender and Sexuality
Job description/ Roles and Responsibilities
• Preparing good quality material for Nirantar social media based on its work and documentation done across programmes for wider sharing and dissemination
• Writing/supporting in proposal writing based on the ideas developed by different teams for their future work and prepare materials to communicate the impact of the work being done by Nirantar
• Collect, share and keep the Nirantar team abreast about policy level changes or initiatives by govt. relevant to Nirantar’s work and plan the intervention along with team members in relevant policies, programmes or initiatives
• Develop a strategic communication and dissemination plan for effective impact, visibility and dissemination of all aspects of Nirantar’s work through social media and other offline platforms.
• Develop good quality advocacy material to communicate ideas/concepts that we believe in and want to influence the discourse around them
• Conceptualise, plan and run the social media campaigns in order to strengthen our work as well as to engage with larger public discourse on issues of gender, sexuality, equality and diversity.
• Regularly update Nirantar’s blog and website in addition to handling and running its Face book and twitter accounts.
Required skills and experiences
• Fluency in speaking, reading and writing English along with reasonable skills of reading and understanding Hindi.
• Analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically to present information to different audiences, general public, media, activists, and other NGOs and decision and policy makers.
• Prior experience of working on women’s rights/ human rights of 3-4 years.
• Able to work well in a team in a multi-task work environment by taking initiatives and accomplishing assignments with deadlines.
Remuneration – As per the qualification and experience of the candidate.
To apply - Send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 16th August
(Note - The vacancy is open for everyone who identify themselves as women or transmen)