Team Member – Parvaaz Adolescent Center For Education ( PACE Project)
About Nirantar: Nirantar works towards enabling empowering education, especially for girls and women from marginalised communities. We seek to promote transformatory formal and non-formal learning processes which enable the marginalised to better understand and address their realities. Our focus on gender interlinks strongly with other social dimensions, in particular those of caste, sexuality and religion. Nirantar promotes access to information, literacy, and perspective and skill building through interactive trainings and educational resources that are simple but not simplistic. Nirantar also works at the community level and undertakes research and advocacy, particularly on critical issues which need greater attention from the State as well as civil society.
About Young people’s education :
After working with women from rural marginalised communities in Uttar Pradesh for years, we realised the need to understand the lives of young girls from the urban context. To address the emerging educational needs of young girls living in resettlement areas of Delhi, we started Parvaaz Adolescent Centre for Education (PACE) programme in April 2015. It is an educational programme with a gender and sexuality perspective, run in collaboration with community-based organisations of the selected areas, for adolescent girls and young adult women (age 15-22 years). These girls are either drop out, have never enrolled in the formal education system, or are school going but have low levels of literacy and numeracy skills.
The literacy centres are being established in areas where majority of the population settled is from marginalised and economically-backward groups like Muslim and Dalits. The literacy centres are being established in areas where majority of the population settled is from marginalised and economically-backward groups like Muslim and Dalits.
The Programme includes:
• Curriculum dissemination: Under PACE Project, we have developed comprehensive curriculum for adolescent and young girls from gender and sexuality perspective and implemented the curriculum in the field for more than three years. Now, we are in the process of disseminating the curriculum to other states to promote education among never enrolled/ dropout girls.
Capacity Building: We provide capacity building inputs to groups and organisations working with young people, staff of community-based programmes, as well as for those involved in research, training, curriculum development, monitoring and evaluation. Our trainings seek to enable work with adolescence on feminist pedagogy, sexuality, gender and life skills which is contextual, locating issues of sexuality in the lived realities of young people.
Advocacy: Based on the experiences of working with never enrolled and dropout girls from urban poor and semi urban communities of Delhi and Bareilly, we will be doing advocacy for promoting access to comprehensive education for girls from marginalised communities .
SCOPE OF WORK:
The responsibilities of the Team Member:
• Develop a curriculum on various themes from gender and sexuality perspective for
• Networking with government and Non government organizations to expand PACE
project in other districts/states for dissemination of curriculum
• Write and finalize reports pertaining to project Implementation, training, progress
reports, annual reports etc.
• Write and help in writing proposals for replication or expansion of the PACE work
• Independently handle project related activities and provide leadership to the field
level coordinators and mobilizers for quality implementation of the project
• Coordinate and provide support to the centres in Delhi and UP and any new area
being developed in future.
• Training and capacity building of teachers and programme implementers
• Coordinate and provide academic support to the PACE centres in Delhi and other
• Establish linkage with skill development organisations and other civil society
organisations to strengthen linkages of PACE with vocational training and skills.
1. Postgraduate in Education/social work/development studies/women studies/ or
any other relevant subject.
2. Minimum 2 years of experience of working on issues of gender and education
3. Good communication skills in English and Hindi
4. Good writing skills in English and ability to read and write in Hindi as well
1. Strong advocacy and networking skills
2. Past experience of working on projects with people from disadvantaged
communities, especially young girls
3. Previous experience of organizing and managing workshops and training
4. Previous experience of developing resource materials, curriculum, modules
5. Good understanding of gender, education and women’s issues.
6. Aptitude to learning and engaging with new issues.
7. Demonstrated public relations, management skills and experience of having
worked with communities.
8. Ability to multi-task, produce to daily deadlines, manages independent projects,
plus work in a team.
Salary: As per the qualification and years of experience.
Candidates are requested to:
• Attach a full Curriculum Vitae and a letter of intent;
• Provide the names and contact details for two references.
Please send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position you are applying for in the subject line. For more information on our organization, please visit www.nirantar.net
Last date to apply: 31st May 2019
The vacancy is open for cis women ,gender queer female assigned at birth people and transmen